POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gilles Tran's clouds : Re: Gilles Tran's clouds Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gilles Tran's clouds
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 22 Apr 2003 05:38:29
Message: <3ea50d95@news.povray.org>

3EA4FFF4.13B5D033@gmx.de...
> That looks very promising.  Are those also suited for large size renders?
The goal is to make the technique suitable in quality and render times for
large size renders. I've tested them at 1600*600 and 1600*1200 (6 hours each
on my P4) which is already very acceptable considering that these are pretty
complex scenes with radiosity, media and isosurfaces, but I'm doing further
tests. It won't be 100% perfect and will have some limitations but I hope it
will be usable.

> I also like the terrain.  Looks like made with isosurfaces...
The terrain is a function-generated heigh-field and the mountain is a big
hill of isosurfaces. Both render quite fast too. These demo scenes will be
available of course, part of the next Oyonale update.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com