POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just a ring... [2 x 220 KB] : Just a ring... [2 x 220 KB] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Just a ring... [2 x 220 KB]
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 21 Apr 2003 16:49:13
Message: <3ea45949@news.povray.org>
Hi folks.

This is my first ever attempt at making a ring. (Or indeed ANY sort of "real
world" object.)

Sadly, having spent ages offline doing this, I came back to find that
someone else has already done the exact same thing. (And much better than my
little offering.) Bum!

Andrew.

PS. Had big trouble getting photons to work... until I added manual bounding
to the gemstone (which is the intersection of several infinite planes - the
way I always make polyhedrons!)

PPS. The reason I actually set about drawing this is that I'd like to BUY
myself such a ring - or rather, have someone buy one for me - and I wanted
to illustrate the kind of ring I wanted. What do people think? Does it make
me look too girly??

PPPS. I wonder how many gemstones can just magically attach themselves to a
ring without any kind of "setting"...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Ring1.png' (219 KB) Download 'Ring2.png' (217 KB)

Preview of image 'Ring1.png'
Ring1.png

Preview of image 'Ring2.png'
Ring2.png