POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC participation shrinking? : Re: IRTC participation shrinking? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 20:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC participation shrinking?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 Apr 2003 14:19:45
Message: <3ea43641@news.povray.org>

3ea32da0@news.povray.org...
> Gilles Tran wrote:
>   I have a large boar skeleton here in my office
>
> Now there's got to be a story there!
I work in a Agricultural University and a long, long time ago, skeletons of
farm animals were used in anatomy classes. When anatomy was phased out in
favour of computer science (for example), the skeletons were discarded in
different ways. Some human bones were just put in a desk drawer (where the
desk's new owner found them recently to her big surprise, "oops, a tibia")
but larger animals were stored in the basement and later sent to the dump
when the administration thought they were taking too much valuable space. We
couldn't do nothing for a horse and a cow, but we rescued a big male pig and
put it on display in our office, where it's used for decoration (it looks
nice at Christmas for instance). We also got a chicken but it's less
impressive.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com