POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone : Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone Server Time
14 Jun 2024 19:59:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone
From: Shay
Date: 17 Apr 2003 13:31:02
Message: <3e9ee4d6$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

|  Thoughts?

I'll wager you could guess my opinion on that subject.<g>

I think that this tendency is especially strong in the IRTC. By chance,
this is the type of picture which most participating in the IRTC want to
complete, and so this has over time become the standard. Gilles Tran,
the archetypal IRTC champion, has only submitted "complete scenes" to
the IRTC, whereas many of his works on his website do not fit that
description.

I'll say again, that this type of picture, although not my choice to
create, makes for a very good competition. Visual realism is by
definition very easy to objectively measure by looking at a picture. I'd
hate to think how subjective the contest would become if everyone
entered red squares.

 -Shay