POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Character skinned : Re: Character skinned Server Time
13 Aug 2024 08:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Character skinned
From: Jim Charter
Date: 16 Apr 2003 18:34:05
Message: <3e9dda5d@news.povray.org>
Kitsune_e wrote:

> I wish I had a more reliable way to paint with Povray's textures, but I
> still haven't worked all the bugs out of that technique either.  I won't be
> animating this again.  If I have some extra time I think I am going to
> practice UV_mapping.  If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear
> them!

And I wish I had some but I don't.  I started out to explore uvmapping
in the freeware space.  Sometimes UVmapper works, sometimes autoUV in
Wings is easier.  Neither seems powerful enough to accomplish the
results I see from high end tools.  But since I do not have access to
any high end tools I don't really know where my skill and understanding
is the limit and where the tool is the limit.  I am keeping my hopes
pinned to Wings for now.  I like that you can manipulate the uvmap with
the model also in 3d view and have the highlighting of polys in one
place be reflected immediately in the other.

-Jim