POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone : Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone Server Time
14 Jun 2024 21:45:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone
From: Mael
Date: 16 Apr 2003 12:43:21
Message: <3e9d8829@news.povray.org>
> A good model, well lit. It's a fun model too, interesting to look at and
fun
> to build?

no it was boring :) This is clearly not an artistic, or an original image,
just an attempt to model something more complex than the simple test scenes
with spheres I usually do.. Lot of trials and errors, trying to get
something not too disproportionned. The phone is almost completely
parameterized (ie change the length of the handle and the whole should
follow) which results in tons of #declare, and summing of lengths and so
on... When the modelling of the phone was over I still had many time before
deadline but no more motivation to start building an environnment so I  just
drop this eiffel tower (to avoid a unique centered object) and do some lazy
lightning with the kitchen probe hdr image (I should have tune this as some
colors look wrong and the radiosity too flashy, but well...)

Sorry for not commenting for the others images but as you can see my english
skills are rather poors, and it would just be frustrating for me to not find
the words to explain how I feel about an image..