POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone : Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone Server Time
14 Jun 2024 13:39:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone
From: Shay
Date: 16 Apr 2003 12:15:34
Message: <3e9d81a6@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote in message

Mael was brutally creased without the grease. His technical merit score
is roughly even with 'Modern Times', 'The Sewing Machine', and 'Molino',
scenes with many more objects, but less detail and per object and a lot
of sharp corners.

I will accept that Mael's entry was equivalent modeling wise with those
three entries, but where are Mael's technical merit points for making
his image clear and distinct, something the other three failed to do?
Mael had at the bare minimum equal modeling technique to the others and
in addition had superior textures and lighting.

There are many criteria by which to judge an image, and I am not
comparing Mael's image with the other three in regards to overall
quality, just expressing disappointment over his comparatively low
technical score. Had he received the minimum technical score which I
feel he deserved (14.405, equal to Radio Graves) then he would have
moved up two places to eleven.

As far as the image overall, it really didn't make an impression on me,
but it was attractive.

 -Shay