POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:33:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: Will W
Date: 15 Apr 2003 22:59:04
Message: <3e9cc6f8@news.povray.org>
"Edward Coffey" <eco### [at] alphalinkcomau> wrote in message
news:3E9### [at] alphalinkcomau...

<snip to chase>

> I am curious to see a concrete example
> of how you believe the gamma controls should be used *today*, since the
> only suggestion I've seen is changing assumed_gamma from 1 to 2.2 when
> changing the target from a gamma 1.8 system to a gamma 2.2 system, which
> results in effects opposite to those which are desired.

First, that was not the suggestion. Check out the POV docs-- they are good
reading. Combined with earlier messages in this thread, they do an excellent
job of describing the hows and whys of POV's approach to gamma.

Second, your curiosity will have to wait quite a long while. See my response
to Christoph Hormann. Basically I feel everything that needs to be said
about the subject has been said  quite adequately-- people have what's
needed to make informed decisions.

Thank you for the conversation.

--
Will Woodhull