POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dilemma : Re: Dilemma Server Time
13 Aug 2024 14:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dilemma
From: Tek
Date: 15 Apr 2003 22:02:25
Message: <3e9cb9b1$1@news.povray.org>
"Edward Coffey" <eco### [at] alphalinkcomau> wrote in message
news:3E9### [at] alphalinkcomau...
> If it's not too late I'd like to vote for: Anything but #3.
> I do like the effect of the clouds in #1 and the cartoony appearance of
> #2 precisely because they are not like image #3. I think that while #3
> probably looks very cool as part of the animation it is just too cliched
> for the promo poster. Go with something stylised like #1 or #1, that
> people won't expect and which will get them wondering what the animation
> looks like.

Well you have a good point, but the weight of opinion is against you. i.e. if
everyone here who voted for #3 decides to look at the animation then I'll be
happy :)

I completely agree with your reasoning. The way I looked at it was like this, I
had the conventional shot #3, the unexpected and somewhat spontaneous shot #1,
and the just plain overpowering #2.

Though the main reason I've gone for #3 is because it best represents the
quality of the animation. The other two suggest that maybe the animation is
slightly more abstract or lacking in detail. It is a cliche, but it's a cliche
for a reason: it shows the kind of things you want on a poster, so everyone uses
that style. Still, I wouldn't have been able to choose between them without
putting it to a vote.

But anyway, it's all academic now. I'm afraid you were too late, I've already
submitted it.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com