POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC participation shrinking? : Re: IRTC participation shrinking? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 21:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC participation shrinking?
From: Shay
Date: 15 Apr 2003 20:56:13
Message: <3e9caa2d@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

>  Why oh why do I struggle to break the same old mold?

Easy question. Because two months is a long damn time to work on someting
just to please someone else.

The real question is why you submit your entries to the IRTC.

My last entry was non competetive, but the picture on which I'm working
right now is much much much more so. The picture focuses on pattern, and I
can imagine the complaints about repetition already. An entrant can create a
simple cg window and repeat it across a building one hundred times, yet I
know that my creating an element with tens of thousands of vertices and
repeating it ten times will be sharply criticised.<g> So I'm obviously not
submitting something for accolades. If I wanted accolades, I would do
something for which I have more of an innate talent. Visual art is very
difficult for me.

The reason that I will submit the picture (if I do) is that I want others to
do the same. I spend a lot of my time looking for things that are good. Good
movies, good books, good art, etc., and I find so few. Every picture which I
have not yet seen has the potential to be another of my very favorite
things. Besides, there is always the potential (however small) that someone
will see my picture who feels the same way that I do about it.

 -Shay