POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC participation shrinking? : Re: IRTC participation shrinking? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 21:40:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC participation shrinking?
From: Slashdolt
Date: 15 Apr 2003 19:56:11
Message: <3e9c9c1b@news.povray.org>
> As someone who has 'always known how' to draw, I find that fascinating.
> In fact its working in three dimensions that I find to be a challenge.

I'm more like gonzo in that respect.  I found that I could paint trees,
mountains, etc. fairly well, but when it came to things like houses, shacks,
etc., I had a real hard time visualizing how a 3D object should look on the
3D canvas.  When trying to draw, it was even more difficult.  I simply could
not seem to visualize things properly in 2D.  Nevertheless, I felt this
tremendous urge to create.  I got a job in computer programming, with the
occasional chance to satisfy my desire to create.  BTW, programming can be
more creative than the average person realizes.

So in addition to everything else, POV-Ray has unlocked my creativity in a
way that nothing else had been able to.  I've tried paint programs, but I
always had that 2D handicap.  Creating things in 3D is actually easier for
me, even though I'm sure it's much more difficult and complex for others.

I used to play the guitar.  I was never real good, but I can play and sing
well enough that no one boos.  hehe.  Anyway, it makes me wonder what the
future holds for musicians.  I'm sure many people have music potential, but
find playing an instrument difficult.

Gotta go.  Buffy's coming on!  ;-)

--
Slash