POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: Will W
Date: 15 Apr 2003 10:27:07
Message: <3e9c16bb@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message
news:200### [at] ignoranciaorg...
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:38:37 -0700
> "Will W" <wil### [at] NOSPAMwizzardsnet> wrote:
>
> > [note] It occurred to me as I was rereading this that if I'm using POV
> > to prepare an image for a heightfield, I probably need to set
> > assumed_gamma at zero or the heightfield will be distorted.
>
>   This will give you a blank image! :)

Yes, pure white!  I just tried it. It's one of those "raise to the zeroeth
power" things.

The proper way to do what I intended would be to comment out the
assumed_gamma. I was getting confused in my late night thinking. OTOH,
setting  "HF_Gray_16 on" probably does something like this... I'll have to
check that out when I next go back to messing around in heightfields.

--
Will Woodhull
Thornhenge, SW Oregon, USA