POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Molino : Re: Old Technology...Molino Server Time
14 Jun 2024 19:42:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Molino
From: jfpancho
Date: 14 Apr 2003 23:10:01
Message: <3e9b7809@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" wrote

> > The ground leading down to the water is spectacular, incredibly real.
>
> For me too, it is the entry point for the illusion

thanks. It took quite a lot of trials, but it worked in the end, i'm happy
with it.

>   The
> > roof, windows, cart, and trees are all excellent.
>
> I particularily enjoyed the different leaf colors and the broad use of
> local colors to construct the overall design.

Tomtree and MakeTree make this whole tree issue quite easy to deal with.

> > The overall lighting is washed out; higher contrast (and maybe a sharper
> > sunlight angle) and a larger image would better show off the wonderful
> > details.
> >
> This lighting business is really DIFFICULT!  We are struggling with it
> over at Gena's Capriccio project.

I really have to start giving lighting more thougth, but it's hard. I
usually do all the construction and testing with a point light, and then i
change for an area light for the last renders. That's very basic...