POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Charicture animation demo (456k) : Re: Charicture animation demo (456k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Charicture animation demo (456k)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 14 Apr 2003 09:59:32
Message: <3e9abec4$1@news.povray.org>
My code has two parts:

1) an "object" which is a zillion blob components,  each component of which
has a  transform{headtrans}, transform{femurtrans}, etc. associated with it.

2) a system where you can input things like splines for the clock/rotations
of head,  clock/positions of the wrists and feet (IK).

Ultimately, I'm thinking that the system could be changed such that one
could model in other programs, and then export 18 objects (head, neck,
ribcage,humerus, forearm,etc....) into povray.  Then if you were to type in
the 18 coordinates of the rotation centers for these 18 objects,  boom,
you've got a character than can do everything my blob character can do,
**even** if it's not got the same size or proportions.

I know Rune mentioned that he was working on a universal system, too, but I
haven't heard much on it.  Don't know if he were striving for the same, or a
"better" universality....

I was working on a HamaPatch-derived test of this system when:
 i)  I got inpsired to actually try an IRTC anim this round, and
 ii) I remembered just how terribly my patch modelling skills suck.