POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Orrery 2nd take : Re: Orrery 2nd take Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orrery 2nd take
From: Bill Hails
Date: 13 Apr 2003 12:37:17
Message: <3e99923d@news.povray.org>
Will W wrote:

> Very, very good! I'm going after the larger size now: I'll use it as
> wallpaper.

I'm flattered :-)

> I like what you've done with paintings and the wallpaper.
>
> The order of the zodiac signs is right for an orrery [...]

Thanks for clearing that up.

> Is the support wire under Saturn dipping into the base? Have you angled
> the pictures out from the wall slightly?

Shouldn't be, and yes, in that order :-)

I found that the perspective is quite tricky with a wide subject
field. Pulling the camera back and narrowing the angle helps, as
I've had to do, but it might add other distortions of its own.
Perhaps that explains the support wire.

--
I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids!