POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Orrery 2nd take : Re: Orrery 2nd take Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orrery 2nd take
From: Will W
Date: 13 Apr 2003 11:38:19
Message: <3e99846b@news.povray.org>
Very, very good! I'm going after the larger size now: I'll use it as
wallpaper.

I like what you've done with paintings and the wallpaper.

The order of the zodiac signs is right for an orrery, assuming that
revolutions are clockwise. It should be that as the Earth progresses through
the year, an observer on the earth would see the Sun move forward through
the zodiac. Right now, the Sun in the image is in Cancer (opposite Earth in
Capricorn), and will move into Leo as Earth moves into Aquarius-- yeah,
that's right. The zodiac order is reversed in horoscopes since the daily
rotation of the Earth is being charted there.

Is the support wire under Saturn dipping into the base? Have you angled the
pictures out from the wall slightly?

--
Will Woodhull
Thornhenge, SW Oregon, USA