POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Charicture animation demo (456k) : Charicture animation demo (456k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Charicture animation demo (456k)
From: Kitsune e
Date: 12 Apr 2003 18:50:41
Message: <3e989841@news.povray.org>
This is an animation I did today of a characture which I have been working
on for the past week.  The characture was modelled in wings3d with bones
done in milkshape3d.  I wasn't very careful while creating the bones, and so
the characture deformes oddly in places.

I am posting this because I haven't seen anyone else trying this kind of
thing with Povray.  With Wings3d and Milkshape3d I can finaly do characture
animations.  These three together create a powerful toolset, and all of it
for 25 USD.  I am certain that with a little more time and effort you could
make cinimatic quality animations by combinding these three.  Now if only
milkshape wasn't shareware.

PS: I don't know how well people are going to be able to see the animation.
I used the intel-Indeo 5.10 codec to keep the file size down, but I don't
know if it is availible on non-windows platforms.  I can repost it in almost
any codec people would like, but I'd rather not fill up the newsgroup with
copies of the same thing.