POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Radio Graves : Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves Server Time
26 Sep 2024 19:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves
From: Shay
Date: 11 Apr 2003 15:42:42
Message: <3e971ab2@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote in message
| To kick things off (see Old Technology...discussions), I'll start
| with the winning image...

Excellent render. The idea for the scene is good if for no other reason
than I haven't seen it before. Rather than poignant, I think that a
themelike this is more cleverly surrealist. There is wit behind showing
something in a deceptively obvious, yet not yet expressed way. Many of
Gilles pictures have this same quality, and I would certainly prefer it
over trite sentimentality any day.

One suggestion which I would give for improving the picture would be to
tone down the realism of the grass. With the exception of the near
photo-real grass, the scene has a very nice magazine cover art look to
it.

 -Shay