POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boardgame (53kb) : Re: Boardgame closeup (40kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boardgame closeup (40kb)
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 11 Apr 2003 10:50:42
Message: <3e96d642@news.povray.org>
I rendered a close up view of some of the pieces.
I'm very happy with the black pieces, I didn't expect to get this good
results on my first try with media.

"Daniel Nilsson" <dan### [at] daniel-nilssoncom> wrote in message
> I had nothing to do this evening so I played a little with POV-ray. I
wanted
> to do a small scene and my roommate was playing this online boardgame
> ("luffarschack" in swedish, almost the same as gomoku I think) so I ended
up
> with this.
> I started with clear glass pieces but added scattering media with scaled
> bozo density to make it look like quartz. The black pieces use almost the
> same media plus an additional absorbing one with the inverse density of
the
> first.
> The pieces are slow to render. What media sampling settings are good with
> these kind of things? I have left all at the default for now.
> The board is just a box with subtracted cylinders and T_Wood1. It needs
some
> more work.
> The environment is just a sky sphere from skies.inc.
> Comments & criticism are welcome.
>
> Bonus question: What is whites next move?
>
> --
> Daniel Nilsson

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'boardgame1-closeup.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'boardgame1-closeup.jpg'
boardgame1-closeup.jpg