POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boardgame (53kb) : Re: Boardgame (53kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boardgame (53kb)
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 11 Apr 2003 10:41:22
Message: <3e96d412$1@news.povray.org>
"Le Forgeron" <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote in message
news:3E9### [at] freefr...

> I do not know. If the rules are the 'Pente' ones (win by alignement of 5
> or capture of 5 couples), black can at least delay white by taking some
> couples along the line of soon 4 stones (three couples are subjet to
> capture, but at most 2 can be taken, because of a shared stone).
>

> Also, the current count give B:8, W:8, with apparently Black at the
> center of the board, hence as first player, so it should be black to
> play now, not white (unless I get abused by the perspective).

The rules are simply to place pieces until one player has 5 in a row, no
captures.
The player with lower ranking begins, it does not matter if he plays black
or white. In the next game the looser starts. With these rules it is
possible for the starting player to allways win if he plays perfect, but
only professional players plays that good.

--
Daniel Nilsson