POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 32000 radio samples (there we go again) : Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:36:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again)
From: Apache
Date: 10 Apr 2003 14:53:43
Message: <3e95bdb7@news.povray.org>
Now I'm really confused here... I have been thinking for years that the
count value only sets the upper limit of samples gathered and that the other
values determine when/if additional samples are taken (up to the count
value).
With very low error_bound values (like 0.1) POV-Ray generally needs much
more time to render a scene compared to very high error_bound values (like
2.5). What on earth would take POV-Ray so much time? I guess it it's
gathering more samples.....

Please explain, maybe I might learn something!