POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 32000 radio samples (there we go again) : Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:43:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 32000 radio samples (there we go again)
From: Apache
Date: 10 Apr 2003 12:59:44
Message: <3e95a300@news.povray.org>
> ... the distribution is stronly anisotropic at the lower
> parts of the hemisphere.
Should the distribution isotropic then? I did my best generating a costheta
distribution, which is an anisotropic distribution. But maybe I'm completely
wrong and confused here heheheheh....... (All I want is a HUGE set of
samples that have the same quality the distribution set of the currently
official POV-Ray.)
If I would like to distribute the samples randomly but still evenly on a
(hemi)sphere, off course I wouldn't use any 2d projections onto spheres.
Using 3d math will be much more convenient in such a case IMHO.