POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface approximation MkII : Re: Isosurface approximation MkII Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface approximation MkII
From: Kevin Loney
Date: 9 Apr 2003 19:58:27
Message: <3e94b3a3@news.povray.org>
I considered using trace(), but then decided against it because of the fact
each vertex is only an approximation of the iso and will not neccesarily be
right where it's supposed to be. By using trace() the normal approximation
could be off by a lot resulting in a really strange shading. I would use the
average of the neighboring faces but since I'm not storing them that could
cause just a bit of a problem. I've been looking into ways of approximating
it based on the function supplied, I think I have an idea of how to do this,
but I'm not sure yet, but thanks for the suggestions.

--
Kevin
http://www.geocities.com/qsquared_1999/