POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "What's wrong with this picture...?" : Re: "What's wrong with this picture...?" Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:37:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "What's wrong with this picture...?"
From: Slime
Date: 8 Apr 2003 21:12:37
Message: <3e937385$1@news.povray.org>
> The rainbow is indeed coming from the wing on the right (I forgot
> to export the light behind the other one [mistake #1])...me, playing
> with photons.  The lights coming from the windows are way too bright
> compared to the rest of the scene [mistake #2].  The colouration is
> way too dull, as noted [mistake #3].  The stained glass windows are
> themselves too subdued; can't make out the picture in them [mistake
> #4].  I need to make the centre of the picture brighter than the
> edges, by changing the ambient light to a spotlight [mistake #5].
> The rainbow from the wings is not intense enough [mistake #6].  The
> iridescence on the wings needs tweaking [mistake #7].

Be sure to experiment with the lighting. Right now I see that you have one
main light source. I think you could do a lot with this image. Experiment
with oversaturation (making the light so bright that white areas appear in
places) and backlights (to create a glow around the edges of objects). Maybe
even spotlight(s). Bring out the focus of the picture in some way with the
lighting. Do something fancy, this scene has potential.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]