POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My spatch models suck, and the reason is.... : Re: My spatch models suck, and the reason is.... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:35:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My spatch models suck, and the reason is....
From: Jim Charter
Date: 8 Apr 2003 18:05:52
Message: <3e9347c0@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:
> I use Wings3d for all advanced modelling now. Never got to understand
> Hamapatch. I know Txemi will sue me for this, but ... you should try Wings
> and see what you like best.  :o)  I suppose both programs are good but it
> depends who uses them. I've found that I only like Wings3d, of all the
> modellers I've tried.
>
> Regards,
> Hugo

I think it must be mentioned that while there is considerable overlap in
their applications, they are separate tools with separate strengths.
While either Hamapatches splines or Wings' mesh might have be applied
with equal effect to achieve the smooth regularity of say bathroom
fixtures, mesh comes into its own when achieving the smooth but
irregular surface needed for organic effects.

-Jim