POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "What's wrong with this picture...?" : Re: "What's wrong with this picture...?" Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:28:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "What's wrong with this picture...?"
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 8 Apr 2003 17:02:57
Message: <3e933901@news.povray.org>
one more thing to add to my previous comment. I always think of angels as
having glowing lights on them or emmiting from them. I was looking through
art books at the library a few weeks ago and came across a book entitled
something like "How to spot an angel in classical art" and it was hundreds
of pages long, detailing different periods of art and how you could tell who
were saints and angels. it was pretty interesting. unfortunately i can't
offer any suggestions as i don't remember them, maybe just a halo! :p

but seriously, some of the things were like "a woman carrying bread and
apples during in 12th century paintings" (this is a fake example)

alas, i'll quit my semieducated art mumblings!

ross.