POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.8 : Re: Capriccio v.8 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.8
From: Hughes, B
Date: 8 Apr 2003 03:54:42
Message: <3e928042@news.povray.org>
news:3E91D294.6D288E66@gmx.de...

> - no 'assumed_gamma 1'
> - ambient_light -0.2 (should be 0.0)
> - radiosity settings:
>    * recursion_limit 3 (won't be feasible for the final render and is
> unnecessarily slow for test runs
>    * gray_threshold > 0 (not realistic)

Oops, sorry. Those were my fault. I was trying anything I could to get it
looking like I wanted to see it (meaning only the dome part really). Wasn't
mimicking the painting with that.

About the assumed gamma though... I just can never get a nice high-contrast
image I like with 1.0 and so I always leave it out or make it similar to my
Display_Gamma. It's force of habit and so I can't adjust to it being 1.0.
Old debate, I know, so I'm not going to push the idea of not using it. I'm
just stating my opinion.

Your clouds look interesting. Shadows from the clouds might prove difficult
to impossible to set up exactly as needed, if copying the painting closely
anyway. Thing is, it seems an important aspect to match to the painting too.