POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : orrery : Re: orrery Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:35:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: orrery
From: Will W
Date: 6 Apr 2003 16:03:23
Message: <3e90880b@news.povray.org>
I think this is great as is! But since you are asking for comments...

Have you tried a lighter colored wood in the wainscotting? I'd like to see
what it would look like with a wood of about the same tone as the picture
frames (maybe keeping the chair rail the same as it is now).

The wallpaper is too distracting for my taste. Partly I think it isn't flat
enough: it seems to have depth of its own. Partly I think it's too busy and
colorful-- it really deserves to be the centerpiece of its own picture--
here it seems to be trying to steal the show.

Can something be done with the edges of the planets with dense atmospheres?
That could make a nice distinction between the Moon and Earth.

Is the Moon's appearance accurate for the face that we're seeing? I'm just
curious about that.

Again, I like this very much as is. But you did ask!

--
Will Woodhull
Thornhenge, SW Oregon, USA