POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : orrery : Re: orrery Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: orrery
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 Apr 2003 13:32:44
Message: <3e9064bc$1@news.povray.org>
The planets look very smooth to me. Perhaps a bumpmap
would improve this. If you'll take a look at my v2.0 Gallery,
I've used a bumpmap for the moon, which makes it appear
much more planet-like, to me at least. Since you're trying
to depict a model, some exhagerated bumps on the planets
won't harm. For a "real" planet, the bumps wouldn't be that
visible, I guess.
Also, the moon, Mars and Saturn look slighty too "soft" to me,
not a shiny little highlight, but more a spread out, sort of silk-highlight.

Aside of that, very nice!

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde