POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My spatch models suck, and the reason is.... : My spatch models suck, and the reason is.... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:35:32 EDT (-0400)
  My spatch models suck, and the reason is....
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Apr 2003 16:44:27
Message: <3e8f4e3b@news.povray.org>
I once again tried Hamapatch and ended up with this monstrosity.  I've read
several tutorials on making heads but just don't seem to get it: the heads
end up with seems and creases.

One thing I'm doing is starting with a profile and then doing extrusions
over to the ear.  Then  I tweak and tweak and tweak and tweak.   Could this
be the problem: does one inherently lose smoothness with this method?   Do
the pros just do it in one sweep and live with it??

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hamaface01.JPG' (28 KB)

Preview of image 'hamaface01.JPG'