POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio. Initial version. : Re: Capriccio. Initial version. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio. Initial version.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 4 Apr 2003 08:22:12
Message: <3e8d8704@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:

> Tides out. Either going to need to raise the steps or lower everything else.
> I'll have to take your word for it, about that being a woman standing there.
> :-)

The standing figure is probably male.  But there is what looks to be a
female sitting on the steps.  If I am to model her I need the steps to
be there.  The water at its former level covers them.  We need this
problem to be resolved then I will move on and model the steps properly
and the woman.  Other figures I spot are in the near boat behind the
steps, in the gondola in the distance, and on the bow of the boat on the
left. I am using a 8 head high figure.  From what I see, this would have
been a common formula in the 18th century. Is anyone doing the boats
btw?  Awaiting further discussion...

> How is the human figure done? Mesh model, or primitives?

Mesh, modelled and uvmapped in Wings3d.