POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio. Initial version. : Re: Capriccio. Initial version. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio. Initial version.
From: Hughes, B
Date: 4 Apr 2003 07:53:32
Message: <3e8d804c@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> I added the standing figure on the steps near the slip on the right.  I
> also adjusted the building placers on the right to try and get a truer
> skyline.  In order to get the steps in the foreground I lowered the
> water level 1 unit.  If this is okay I will continue to model the stairs
> and the woman in the foreground.

Tides out. Either going to need to raise the steps or lower everything else.
I'll have to take your word for it, about that being a woman standing there.
:-)

This has a much better appearance now with a human in it, until I notice
just how unfinished it all is. Those placeholders for statues on St. Paul's,
among the general lack of detail, could use some sculpting.

How is the human figure done? Mesh model, or primitives?

As ABX pointed out, it might all suffer at high resolution, but this is
still a WIP and things will change anyway. But as it is, the major task at
hand is probably in matching the detail of the original dome part of the
picture. It's a fine model Ib Rasmusen made of that. Quoting him about it,
"My model and textures are actually based on photos of a (physical) model of
the dome. I have never tried to get it to look like the real building."
Although it does look rather realistic to me, even with closer views. I had
wondered about the light brown-orange coloring though.

Bob H.