POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : just a quick game : Re: just a quick game Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: just a quick game
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 3 Apr 2003 05:58:32
Message: <3e8c13d8@news.povray.org>
hey mack

> It needs something to add contrast.  If the pieces had some
> silver inlay or you added a lamp for a soft spot of brightness,
> I think that would be a nice touch -- anything to draw the eye.
well, the pieces are modelled from the one we got at home... i do like the
wooden look, it adds to the calm atmosphere. but the lamp is a nice idea.
perhaps i'll add a candle together with the glass of wine lenx suggested.

> As for the game, sorry: I don't know about Quarto either.  Cool
> name, though.  I'll have to look it up.
you can have a look at my answer to lenx, if you're interested in the rules.

thanks for your comments
florian