POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio. Initial version. : Re: Capriccio. No. 6 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio. No. 6
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 2 Apr 2003 09:46:57
Message: <3e8af7e1$1@news.povray.org>
If you compare the original image with the
one posted, you'll notice that the foreground
buildings are too far away from the St. Paul's.

Additionally, I think the sun's position in the
image isn't correct. If you look at the front
of St. Paul's in the original, you'll notice its
mostly in shadows.

Aside of that, I don't know where I could
contribute to this. My Water-Surface would
surely be overkill for this image, and isn't finished.
I could try to recreate some nice clouds for
the background via subsurface-scattering,
but I'm not sure if this is wanted, and I've read
that you'd want to use skylight.inc or so for
the background...
I'm no good at building buildings, and never
even tried to go for boats yet. So aside of
the media-clouds, nothing I could contribute. :-(

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde