POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's : RE: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's Server Time
28 Sep 2024 20:33:14 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 1 Apr 2003 13:16:02
Message: <3e89d762@news.povray.org>

web.3e83fe29ce400dddcd8c2c4b0@news.povray.org...
> A great entry, this image shows a lot of hard work. I wish the image was
> larger to show more of the details and hand painted textures.

I agree with that. Sure we could have seen more details (an this image is
full of beutiful details) if the image was larger. That was something that
ranked down this image, I believe.

> The car is excellent, well modelled and textured. The hydrant and pumps
look
> a little like plastic, but that might be the look of paint in low light.
> The lighting is excellent; even the lightbulbs have detail in them, but
> they probably should glow more? A lot of nice touches on the ground.

The modelling is impressive. Not only in the car but in everything.
I cannot find anything wrong. Also with textures.
Talking about the light, as Christopher said those lightblubs are too dim
and
could no illuminate the scene, though you can see their effect clearly.
They should be brighter.

> I looked for a gradient in the sky, but maybe those are overused. I also
> would have liked to see the road and powerlines go to the horizon, instead
> of blocked by a wall.

Well, I think the sky is right, and the wall it's perhaps too uniform, but
fits
OK in the image. Also, IMO, it would have supposed a lot of extra work
to do a different background, cause it would have needed to be as detailed
as the rest of the image to fit.

> Cinema 4D has a lot of great anti-aliasing and sharpening tools; a lot of
> Cinema 4D images have this crisp, sharp look. I don't think POV-Ray would
> have done as well on the powerlines; but maybe the credit should go to the
> artist and not the tool!

Don't know if the use of those C4D tools have been a good idea (I haven't
seen the image without the use of those tools). What I mean is that they
give
the image a 2D look. A more 3D look would have been better (IMO)

> The guy behind the wheel is a bit comical, with his bright eyes and big
> smile. Very well done.

The guy behind the wheel is great (he's modelled and textured by the Lexx,
and shows he's a very good 3D artist).
A great image.
Bye

Txemi Jendrix