POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio. Initial version. : Re: Capriccio. My try at it. [17KB jpg] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio. My try at it. [17KB jpg]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 31 Mar 2003 11:44:43
Message: <3e88707b@news.povray.org>
Without a doubt an interesting subject. Great model too, incredible. I've
jumped in here to try it out myself but mainly just to render the scene
file, then I wanted to create a mockup of the front of that building to make
it less surreal. I soon realized the scale doesn't look right somehow. The
dome might be too far away and possibly too large for this setting
(foreground buildings). I found another picture by using google image
search, this time a very old photo.

http://www.forgottenfutures.com/library/venice/venice5.gif

There's some different detail to the dome as seen there compared with the
painting. I'm not 100% positive these are the same thing but it sure matches
up okay with the painting aside from perspective. This idea of copying a
painting is certainly a great excercise in getting lighting and objects in
order.

Here's my rendering of it so far, with changes to the lighting and sky as
well as the addition. Which is there only to stand in until more is done, if
I ever get around to it. I won't post source unless asked because this might
never get anywhere, and somebody else might do better anyhow.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'capricfront.jpg' (13 KB)