POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Repair Hanger : Re: Old Technology...Repair Hanger Server Time
14 Jun 2024 17:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Repair Hanger
From: gonzo
Date: 30 Mar 2003 20:57:18
Message: <3e87a07e@news.povray.org>
Renderdog <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote in message

> spectacular hanger! The wide field of view allows us to see more of it,
>and some of the best lighting and modeling is along the edges.
Yes, this a great image!

The textures
>of the steel beams and the brick walls are perfect.
Excellent texturing!

The metal roller doors
>look great, though I'd like to see more of the lamps (the one on the left
>foreground looks great, but the others in the distance are hidden).

> Mainly I had a problem with the size of the chain links; they seem too
big.

That had bothered me too, I thought it was a problem with scale, but finally
decided it was more about camera angle & field of view.  Still not sure
about scale though, when I compare the apparent lamp size with the chain
links.

Things like scale and camera settings though are a matter of artist
perception, so I tend to not think of them as interpretations rather than
defects.

RG