POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Things that went wrong. - ob01b.mpg (0/1) : Re: Things that went wrong. - ob01b.mpg (0/1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things that went wrong. - ob01b.mpg (0/1)
From: S McAvoy
Date: 30 Mar 2003 04:43:55
Message: <3e86bc35.1917697@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:58:46 +0200, Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>This is about the same approach i took when doing my water animations some
>time ago.  Doing the calculations in a separate program is really much
>faster.  It is important to use a 16 bit pgm though, otherwise you will
>probably soon get artefacts.  For the influence of the environment and
>moving objects i wrote an 'influence image' with the file writing
>functions in POV.

I don't know about artefacts I was getting clipped or flat topped waves with
straight sides before I changed to 16 bit pgm. I intend to write an 'influence
image' with the file writing functions. Also I will have footprint templates
that I will add in the correct places using the above. Of course all this means
that I will have to learn how the Trace Macro works. Work, work, work :-}

Tim's work looks really good and a lot more flexible, I am impressed at the
quality using smallish arrays. Thanks for the hints and encouragement

Regards
        Stephen