POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Things that went wrong. - ob01b.mpg (0/1) : Re: Things that went wrong. - ob01b.mpg (0/1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things that went wrong. - ob01b.mpg (0/1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 29 Mar 2003 18:30:11
Message: <3e862c83$1@news.povray.org>
Also used sqrt(2), but hard-coded .707, that's sufficient
and faster than having the CPU calculate sqrt(2) all the
time.

How do you read the pgm-file? I've got no experience
with reading other files than those I've scripted myself.
But using an image as a base, wouldn't that be a
bit complicated if you'd want to set you're water surface
different than on a horizontal plane? Also, if you have
surrounding objects to block the waves, it would be
difficult to match splashes with surrounding environment...

BTW, how interactive is your system?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde