POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's : Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's Server Time
14 Jun 2024 19:50:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's
From: Slashdolt
Date: 28 Mar 2003 11:45:23
Message: <3e847c23@news.povray.org>
The modelling in this was incredible, imho, as was much of the attention to
detail.  The fact that there are actually products on the shelves inside the
gas station really increases the sense of realism.  Art may not be my strong
point, but this really makes me feel like there is more happening than I can
actually see in the picture, which makes me want to gaze at it all the more.

You've done quite a bit to create cracks and intricate textures almost
everywhere, except on the back wall.  But I see you've mentioned that the
back wall is there due to time constraints.  Too bad.  I would have liked to
see a great background, too.

I can't explain it, but somehow this image almost has a feeling of being an
old photograph, that was perhaps even colorized.  Not that you really
colorized anything, it just somehow conveys that feeling to me, like I'd
expect to see it hanging on a gas-station wall.  Maybe it's all the bright
reds with the rest of the colors being relatively dull.  I really like that.

The fellow in the car seems oddly 2D to me, however.  Maybe just because
he's behind the glass.

--
Slash