POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...At Lexxaco's : Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's Server Time
15 Jun 2024 00:38:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...At Lexxaco's
From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 Mar 2003 09:54:47
Message: <3e846237@news.povray.org>
lexx wrote:

> As I said I put the antialiasing on best, and the sharpening tool works like
> a Sharpen-Filter, which brings a better look to the pic,

This was one of the subtleties that I liked so much about the pic.  The
crispness imparted gave the look a slightly dated feel, like a magazine
illustration from the period depicted.  It is interesting to read how
you achieved it.

> It was a hard decision to put that scene at night

And I appreciated the difficulty of that decision when I was voting.

This pictured "wowed" me when I first opened it.  It is notable for the
accuracy and detail of the modelling alone.  Then the gradual
appreciation of the other aspects of the image, moody lighting,
texturing, completeness, only made it richer.

Probably the lighting caused the only doubts as others have mentioned.
It did not suggest a particular time of day with absolute verity.