POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Radio Graves : Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves Server Time
26 Sep 2024 19:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves
From: Slashdolt
Date: 28 Mar 2003 08:45:03
Message: <3e8451df$1@news.povray.org>
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that using Poser was a bad idea.  In fact, I
think just the opposite.  If you really need a realistic person in a scene,
Poser is the way to go.  For some plants, X-frog.  There is no sense
re-inventing the wheel.  Sometimes, however, people use them too much, and
there is very little original work in the scene.  Even so, 100 pre-made
models perfectly placed in a scene can be great (i.e. "The Wet Bird").  I
guess my point was that POV-Ray alone can create impressive things.

I made heavy use of Gilles Tran's grass macros for the grass, corn, and
taller weeds.  In this case, I actually built upon someone else's work,
which is always a positive development.  The corn needs more work, but
looked ok at this resolution.  At one time the grass was actually glossier,
but I felt I had overdone it.  Oh, well.  I'm still on a steep learning
curve.  I worked with what I knew at the time.  Maybe a WIP in p.b.i. would
have helped, or maybe not...

--
Slash