POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid metal reaction... (352kb MPG1) : Re: Liquid metal reaction... (352kb MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid metal reaction... (352kb MPG1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Mar 2003 19:34:45
Message: <3e8398a5@news.povray.org>
I'm not quiet sure what would've happened. I'm
rendering another simulation right now, but I want
to use a similiar setup again and see what
actually happened.
For one, I realised that the very first position of the
wave never stopped jiggling about, and sort of
bumped itself upwards. Without dampening, the
reflection of the waves in such a tight corner might
add to itself in such a way, that the smoothing
part of the algorithm can't smooth it away. Dampening
definitely took care of that issue.
What I don't like about that, is that I can't control that.
There's no way, other than telling you to not use no
dampening, to avoid this effect.

Perhaps I'll add the "interesting" part tomorrow, we'll
see.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde