POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid metal reaction... (352kb MPG1) : Liquid metal reaction... (352kb MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Liquid metal reaction... (352kb MPG1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Mar 2003 17:47:26
Message: <3e837f7e@news.povray.org>
I've experimented a little with my water-system, and tried
leaving the dampening of the waves out. I would have
thought that the distribution of the wave would take care
of enough dampening, obviously, I was wrong.

But, as a side effect, it is clearly visible that
a) surrounding walls need to be high enough, and
b) that certain sections are saved from the parsing-process.

In all those places where the water pops over the rim and
then drops down to the walls, thats where a node is set
to "off" and isn't parsed at all. It just stays put, since
"normally" it wouldn't be needed (unless serious
problem rise up, like this animation shows).

Well, I found this rather an amusing look (like a cake
in an oven) and thus thought, some might want to see
it... :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde