POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Radio Graves : Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Radio Graves
From: Slashdolt
Date: 27 Mar 2003 09:22:59
Message: <3e830943@news.povray.org>
You're absolutely right.  Lighting is something that I really haven't delved
very deep into at this point, along with a great deal of other things.  I
struggled with it toward the end.  The radiosity was making the shadows too
bright, so I adjusted that, but overall the scene continued to be too dark.
For my final render, I tried making the light brighter, but it still didn't
seem to be enough.  I was surprised that no one had commented on it.  To me,
it was the most obvious flaw of the picture.  However, it looks brighter on
my computer at home than it does where I work.

Nevertheless, it was intended to be an evening picture, but not necessarily
sunset.  The end of a warm summer day, where you almost get a feeling of
haziness.  Ok, the haziness feeling wasn't intended, but I get that feeling
nevertheless. ;-)  For a time, I considered a fall scene.  Had I been able
to pull it off, it might have been better, but there were too many things
that I'd never attempted to do before.  Fall colors would certainly have
matched the radio colors better.

Did you notice that the top 3 images are somewhat dark?  I'm not sure what
to make of that observation, but I thought it was interesting.

--
Slash