POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Marc's diamonds high res with some mods (lossy JPEG 2048x1536) : Re: Marc's diamonds high res with some mods (lossy JPEG 2048x1536) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Marc's diamonds high res with some mods (lossy JPEG 2048x1536)
From: Michael Goldshteyn
Date: 27 Mar 2003 09:00:32
Message: <3e830400$1@news.povray.org>
You can grab the original source from povray.text.scene-files (Mika Diamond
by Marc Champagne). I don't want to take much credit for this scene, since I
only made the changes listed below and zoomed in a little (z*1.5). Let me
warn you that unless you have a top of the line machine, are willing to
settle for tiny resolutions, and/or are willing to wait for many hours
(days?), don't expect to produce the picture in the above post. As I think I
already mentioned the posted picture took somewhere in the neighborhood of
22 hours on a 2.4GHz XEON with 1GB of RDRAM. Of course 1024x768 / no AA
renders can be done much faster, but they still take time. In any case, my
next project, a pear shaped diamond solitaire, is currently rendering and
should be done by this coming Monday. It's progressing much more slowly
(raised max_trace_level to 110 and finish params have been modified
further), but it is going to be arguably even more awe inspiring than the
above post. I will post its source when the render completes and the image
is posted.

P.S. Once again, a real thanks to Marc Champagne for inspiring me with his
original image (and source file)...

"Michael Goldshteyn" <mgo### [at] n-o-s-p-a-m-earthlinknet> wrote in
message news:3e822788@news.povray.org...