POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problems with textures : Re: Problems with textures Server Time
29 Jun 2024 00:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with textures
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 27 Mar 2003 08:18:17
Message: <3e82fa19@news.povray.org>

web.3e82e4efc0b215102b26ab750@news.povray.org...
> Hi
>  sure the the dark in the left cylinder maybe comes from reflection of the
> right object. But what is the indifference between the cylinder and the
> cube of the left?
> Should this also reflection?
>
> Thats not good, because i would built a trilite system such think like a
> ladder for a music stage. And the trilite ist made of alluminium. An i

> right in front of me :((

Yes indeed it is reflection.
Now if you want aluminium without reflection, it's easy.
Open material editor, select your aluminium material, open finish item and
set reflection to 0.
I for my own scacely use library texture becaus they rarely fit to my
wishes.
But if you start from ready-done textures, you can tweak settings (it is a
very good way to learn and improve)
Feel free to ask if I missed something in my explanation :)
Marc