POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Objects blocking waves, test and WIP (348kb) : Re: Objects blocking waves, test and WIP (348kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects blocking waves, test and WIP (348kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 24 Mar 2003 02:21:06
Message: <3e7eb1e2$1@news.povray.org>
Well, this was a test, and I wanted to make the
effects appearing at the edges visible, that's why
the objects aren't that high. Of course it would
normally be recommended to raise the height of
blocking objects such that waves wouldn't have
the possibility to roll over them (which is something
the algorithm just can't do properly).

I'm already keeping an eye on this, because it'd
be neat if I find a way to simulate that "rolling over",
but I'm not really expecting it.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0