POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Lift off! irtc WIP (mpeg1, 560k) : Re: Lift off! irtc WIP (mpeg1, 560k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lift off! irtc WIP (mpeg1, 560k)
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 23 Mar 2003 16:47:42
Message: <3e7e2b7e@news.povray.org>
Nice!

  One thing I would change ... I'd move the stands to somewhere other than
behind the ship.  I wouldn't want to sit in those bleachers and face RIGHT
into the exhaust.

  I'd put the bleachers on the left side (i.e. rotate counter clockwise by
90).

  The clouds are very nice - although as someone noted, one of them is right
on the horizon but I didn't notice that at first.  If there are buildings on
the horizon then clouds do look like they touch sometimes (i.e. you rarely
can see right to the sky/ground edge in real life).

 I also agree that it looks a bit empty - the downtown is OK although a bit
plain (windows maybe), but the big issue is that there isn't any other
detail visible in the city.  Maybe you could 'elevate' the forground
slightly - if it looks elevated, then you wouldn't look for the rest of the
city.

       == John ==

"Tekno Frannansa" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> Well here's my boosters in action, launching my spaceship into the sky!
This