POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animation questions : Re: Animation questions Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation questions
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 22 Mar 2003 04:26:09
Message: <3e7c2c31$1@news.povray.org>
"Tom A." <tar### [at] my-dejacom> schrieb:
> Hi.
>

> (Problems creating video with CMPEG)
>
> Is there any other free software besides CMPEG
> for creating MPEG movies?

I use AVICreator ( http://www.bloodshed.net/avi.html )
to make .avi's from Bitmaps (uncompressed). Don't forget
to add your last frame twice (especially if your animation should loop),
cause the very last frame won't be displayed in the video afterwards.
(BTW, can anyone tell me why?)

Then I use avi2mpg1 ( http://www.mnsi.net/~jschlic1/mpeg_a.htm#avi2mpg1 )
to make my .mpg. If you use the GUI-Wrapper you need to add "" around
the filenames manually, or it will show an error message. To control filesize,
adjust the bitrate ( lower left in the gui ).

--
MfG

Manuel Kasten